- BMA HOME
- After Hours Emergency Calls
- Primary Care Physician Profiles
- Looking for a new PCP?
- Our Specialists and Specialty Services
- All About Our Office
- Being a Patient at BMA
- Patient PORTAL
- REFERRALS : online request form
- Patient REGISTRATION
- DOT Physical Exams
- Patient LIBRARY
- Turning 65? MEDICARE explained
- Medicare Annual Wellness Visit
- Social Work Care Coordination
- Quality Care Measures
- CareGroup Home Care
- ACA : A Primer
- What is a MEDICAL HOME?
- BMA BULLETIN BOARD
- In Memoriam
- Job opportunities at BMA
- Lottery Luck!
- DIRECT PHONE EXTENSIONS
On June 1, 2016 BMA will be forging an even closer bond with
Mount Auburn Hospital.
This should be a seamless transition and our patients should not notice any change. We will be known as
Belmont Medical Associates
an affiliate of Mount Auburn Professional Services
and your billing statement will reflect this change, otherwise all your health care needs will be met as always in the most efficient and caring way.
Belmont Medical Associates
725 Concord Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138
A little about ourselves.......
Established in 1977, we are now an eleven physician primary care group practice in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The primary care physicians are all board certified and include:
- Stephen P. Ranere, MD
- A. Donald Shushan, MD
- Edward M. Kowaloff, MD
- Catherine M. Mintzer, MD
- Virginia H. Palazzo, MD
- Trevor H. Kaye, MD
- Callie M. Taffe, MD
- Deneen E. Pelletier, MD
- Olga V. Minkoff, MD
- Joycelyn A. Datu, MD
- Gabriel Szentpaly, MD
In addition we have three nurse practitioners:
- Christine Engle, NP
- Anna Ost, NP
- Krystal Babalas, NP
We also function as a multi-specialty group practice with many of the specialist services offered either in our office or in our building. For a complete list of these services check the links on the left or click on here directly.
- Our goal is to provide you with key, ongoing preventive medicine services as well as with treatment when you do get sick. As internists, we're the first line of care, assessing overall health, providing initial treatment and working with specialists to diagnose and treat complex problems. If you do need to consult with us for a "sick" visit, appointments are typically available on a same-day basis. "Non-emergency sick visits" can be made within 48 hours. "Well-care" visits can be scheduled within several weeks. We emphasize routine visits to monitor your medical concerns, whether through regular physical examinations or scheduled follow-up visits for issues such as hypertension and diabetes.
- Our offices are arranged in 2-3 doctor "pods" to reinforce a warmer, more intimate environment.
- BMA currently uses the eClinical Works electronic health record and has an electronic health portal which allows patients to view their lab results and most of their medical record. In August 2017 we will be switching our EHR to the EPIC system.
- BMA is affiliated with Mount Auburn Hospital, a Harvard Medical teaching hospital, for inpatient admissions and other hospital-based services, and with the Mount Auburn network of physicians - MACIPA - for specialty consultations and referrals. We use dedicated full time "hospitalists" to oversee the care of our inpatients and they keep us updated during the course of a hospitalization. We in turn communicate with them about your medical history and unique issues that we are aware of.
- The office is staffed 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday - Friday.
- A physician is on-call for EMERGENCY ADVICE after regular office hours daily. Please don't expect the on call physician to fill routine prescriptions or to obtain lab results. They do not have access to your record after normal office hours.