- BMA HOME
- Primary Care Physician Profiles
- Looking for a new PCP?
- Our Specialists and Specialty Services
- All About Our Office
- Being a Patient at BMA
- Patient PORTAL
- REFERRALS : online request form
- Patient LIBRARY
- After Hours Emergency Calls
- Turning 65? Medicare explained
- What is an ACO? What is case management?
- Quality Care Measures
- CareGroup Home Care
- ACA : A Primer
- Job opportunities at BMA
- Lottery Luck!
- Tribute page
IN AN EFFORT TO UPDATE ALL INSURANCE AND ADDRESS INFORMATION FOR OUR PATIENTS AND TO MAKE CERTAIN ALL INSURANCE CARDS ARE SCANNED INTO OUR SYSTEM, WE ASK FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND COOPERATION WHEN YOU ARRIVE FOR YOUR VISIT.
PLEASE ALLOW A FEW EXTRA MINUTES TO STOP AT OUR REGISTRATION DESK ON YOUR ARRIVAL.
NOTICE TO DR. SZENTPALY PATIENTS
If you received a letter from Network Health
reassigning you to a new physician, you were notified incorrectly.
Please call our office and speak with Donna Mazzola regarding future action.
Belmont Medical Associates
725 Concord Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138
A little about ourselves.......
Established in 1977, we are a twelve physician primary care group practice in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The primary care physicians are all board certified and include:
- Stephen P. Ranere, MD
- A. Donald Shushan, MD
- Edward M. Kowaloff, MD
- Catherine M. Mintzer, MD
- Virginia H. Palazzo, MD
- Trevor H. Kaye, MD
- Kenneth A. Bernstein, MD
- Callie M. Taffe, MD
- Deneen E. Pelletier, MD
- Olga V. Minkoff, MD
- Joycelyn A. Datu, MD
- Gabriel Szentpaly, MD
We also function as a multi-specialty group practice with many of the specialist services offered either in our office or in our building. For a complete list of these services check the links on the left or click on here directly.
- Our goal is to provide you with key, ongoing preventive medicine services as well as with treatment when you do get sick. As internists, we're the first line of care, assessing overall health, providing initial treatment and working with specialists to diagnose and treat complex problems. If you do need to consult with us for a "sick" visit, appointments are typically available on a same-day basis. "Non-emergency sick visits" can be made within 48 hours. "Well-care" visits can be scheduled within several weeks. We emphasize routine visits to monitor your medical concerns, whether through regular physical examinations or scheduled follow-up visits for issues such as hypertension and diabetes.
- Our offices are arranged in 2-3 doctor "pods" to reinforce a warmer, more intimate environment.
- BMA is affiliated with Mount Auburn Hospital, a Harvard Medical teaching hospital, for inpatient admissions and other hospital-based services, and with the Mount Auburn network of physicians - MACIPA - for specialty consultations and referrals. We use dedicated full time "hospitalists" to oversee the care of our inpatients and they keep us updated during the course of a hospitalization. We in turn communicate with them about your medical history and unique issues that we are aware of.
- A physician is on-call for EMERGENCY ADVICE after regular office hours daily. Please don't expect the on call physician to fill routine prescriptions or to obtain lab results. They do not have access to your record after normal office hours.