- Home Page
- Primary Care Physician Profiles
- Looking for a new PCP?
- Our Specialists and Specialty Services
- All About Our Office
- Being a Patient at BMA
- Patient Portal
- Patient LIBRARY
- After Hours Emergency Calls
- What is an ACO? What is case management?
- Quality Care Measures
- CareGroup Home Care
- ACA : A Primer
- Job opportunities at BMA
- Lottery Luck!
- Tribute page
- "my BMA"
- Patient Portal
Insurance and Billing Information
- For billing questions call: 617-864-4108
- For information related to an application for life or disability insurance, family leave of absence, jury duty related problems, or legal problems related to accidents, our contact person is Donna. She is our very experienced assistant office manager. Her fax number is 617-547-5357
- Please keep your contact information up to date and inform us when you have any change in your insurance, address and telephone number. It is important that we have this information. It is frustrating trying to contact you about results and finding that the information we have is outdated.
We accept the following credit cards:
- American Express
Belmont Medical Associates participates in the following insurance plans:
- Medicare, Tufts Senior Health Plan Medicare Preferred
- BC/BS, HMO Blue, Blue Choice, Blue Care Elect
- Tufts Assoc Health Plan/Total Health plan/Senior Plan
- Aetna Preferred
- US Healthcare
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
- Private Healthcare Systems
- United Health Care
- Neighborhood Health Plan
- Call the billing office 617-864-4108 for a more comprehensive list if you do not see your plan listed.
- We do NOT take the following insurance plans: Fallon through Commonwealth Care, Celtic Care through Commonwealth Care and Secure Horizons through AARP.
- Please remember that the insurance co-payment is your responsibility. Our agreement with your insurance company mandates that we collect it at each visit, so please be prepared to settle the co-payment at the time of your visit. We do not want to have to send a bill to collect a co-payment. Always request a receipt if you pay this with cash.
- There is no co-payment if you come in only for lab tests, a vaccination or the administration of a medication by the medical assistants and do not consult with the physician.
- There is always a co-payment if you consult with the physician and you are on their schedule.
Missed appointment policy :
- Any new patient who fails to keep their initial appointment without calling to cancel ("a no show"), will not be allowed to book another appointment with any of the physicians at BMA.
- Any established patient who fails to keep 3 (three) scheduled appointments, will not be allowed to book another appointment with any of the BMA physicians.