- BMA HOME PAGE
- "MYCHART" health portal
- MOUNT AUBURN HOSPITAL
- After Hours Emergency Calls
- Primary Care Physician Profiles
- Looking for a new PCP?
- Our Specialists and Specialty Services
- MT AUBURN DIABETES CENTER
- ABOUT OUR OFFICE
- Being a Patient at BMA
- REFERRALS : online request form
- Patient LIBRARY
- Turning 65? MEDICARE explained
- Medicare Annual Wellness Visit
- FIVE WISHES AND HEALTHCARE PROXY
- Social Work Care Coordination
- Quality Care Measures
- CareGroup Parmenter Home Care and Hospice
- BMA BULLETIN BOARD
- In Memoriam
- Job opportunities at BMA
- HIPAA - annual compliance certification
- Fun at BMA
- Lottery Luck!
THE DOCTORS ON THE 4TH FLOOR HAVE MOVED UPSTAIRS TO
THE 6TH FLOOR
AND ARE NOW SEEING PATIENTS IN SUITE 6100
DR KOWALOFF AND DR GREEN
WHO HAVE MOVED TO THE 5TH FLOOR
Belmont Medical Associates
725 Concord Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138
A little about ourselves.......
Established in 1977, we are now an eleven physician primary care group practice in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The physicians are all board certified and include:
- Stephen P. Ranere, MD (5th floor)
- A. Donald Shushan, MD (5th floor)
- Edward M. Kowaloff, MD (5th floor)
- Catherine M. Mintzer, MD (6th floor)
- Trevor H. Kaye, MD (6th floor)
- Callie M. Taffe, MD (6th floor)
- Deneen E. Pelletier, MD (6th floor)
- Olga V. Minkoff, MD (6th floor)
- Gabriel Szentpaly, MD (6th floor)
- Nancy Tran, MD (6th floor)
- Michael Nelson, MD (5th floor)
In addition we have three nurse practitioners:
- Anna Ost, NP (5th floor)
- Krystal Babalas, NP (5th floor)
- Elizabeth B. Shortsleeve, NP (6th floor)
We also function as a multi-specialty group practice with many of the specialist services offered either in our office or in our building. For a complete list of these services check the links on the left or click on here directly.
- Our goal is to provide you with key, ongoing preventive medicine services as well as with treatment when you do get sick. As internists, we're the first line of care, assessing overall health, providing initial treatment and working with specialists to diagnose and treat complex problems. If you do need to consult with us for a "sick" visit, appointments are typically available on a same-day basis. "Non-emergency sick visits" can be made within 48 hours. "Well-care" visits can be scheduled within several weeks. We emphasize routine visits to monitor your medical concerns, whether through regular physical examinations or scheduled follow-up visits for issues such as hypertension and diabetes.
- On August 1, 2017 we switched our EHR to the EPIC system which has an electronic health portal which allows patients to view their lab results and most of their medical record.
- BMA is affiliated with Mount Auburn Hospital, a Harvard Medical teaching hospital, for inpatient admissions and other hospital-based services, and with the Mount Auburn network of physicians - MACIPA - for specialty consultations and referrals. We use dedicated full time "hospitalists" to oversee the care of our inpatients and they keep us updated during the course of a hospitalization. We in turn communicate with them about your medical history and unique issues that we are aware of.
- The office is staffed 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday - Friday.
- A physician is on-call for EMERGENCY ADVICE after regular office hours daily. Please don't expect the on call physician to fill routine prescriptions or to obtain lab results.