- BMA HOME PAGE
- "MYCHART" health portal
- MOUNT AUBURN HOSPITAL
- After Hours Emergency Calls
- Primary Care Physician Profiles
- Looking for a new PCP?
- Our Specialists and Specialty Services
- MT AUBURN DIABETES CENTER
- ABOUT OUR OFFICE
- Being a Patient at BMA
- REFERRALS : online request form
- Patient LIBRARY
- Turning 65? MEDICARE explained
- Medicare Annual Wellness Visit
- FIVE WISHES AND HEALTHCARE PROXY
- Social Work Care Coordination
- Quality Care Measures
- CareGroup Parmenter Home Care and Hospice
- What is a MEDICAL HOME?
- BMA BULLETIN BOARD
- In Memoriam
- Job opportunities at BMA
- DIRECT PHONE EXTENSIONS
- HIPAA - annual compliance certification
- Fun at BMA
- Lottery Luck!
The primary care physicians of Belmont Medical Associates are committed to preventive healthcare and working with Medicare to provide all our Medicare beneficiaries the Annual Wellness Visit.
The Annual Wellness Visit focuses on preventive screenings and wellness counseling. It is NOT meant to be a conventional hands on examination.
We believe that these annual visits will give us the best picture of your current health status and help us make sure you are up to date on your health screenings and immunizations.
Yearly "Wellness" visits:
If you've had Part B for longer than 12 months, you can get this visit to develop or update a personalized prevention help plan to prevent disease and disability based on your current health and risk factors. We will ask you to fill out a questionnaire, called a
Health Risk Assessment,
as part of this visit. Answering these questions can help you and your provider develop a personalized prevention plan to help you stay healthy and get the most out of your visit. It also includes:
- A review of your medical and family history
- Developing or updating a list of current providers and prescriptions
- Height, weight, blood pressure, and other routine measurements
- Detection of any cognitive impairment
- Personalized health advice
- A list of risk factors and treatment options for you
- A screening schedule (like a checklist) for appropriate preventive services. Get details about coverage for screenings, shots, and other preventive services.
All people with Medicare are covered.
Your costs in Original Medicare:
You pay nothing for the “Welcome to Medicare” preventive visit or the yearly “Wellness” visit if your doctor or other qualified health care provider accepts assignment. The Part B deductible doesn’t apply.
However, if your doctor or other health care provider performs additional tests or services during the same visit that aren’t covered under these preventive benefits, you may have to pay coinsurance, and the Part B deductible may apply, so it is important to note that a wellness visit does NOT address new or existing health problems.
Medicare generally covers 100% of annual wellness visits and 80% of problem visits. If the doctor addresses problems during your wellness visit, you may be responsible for the remaining balance generated from that portion of the visit. You are welcome to schedule a separate visit to address additional problems. A separate charge is applied to these visits, whether provided on the same date or a different date than the wellness visit.